Wednesday, March 9, 2011

My Lenten Promise

That will hopefully be a lifetime promise.

I am promising to no longer eat my feelings (and try not to speak them either). When my feelings are hurt, when my heart's broken, when I'm so angry I can eat a whole box of mac&cheese, I will refrain from doing so, and instead, I will put on my socks and shoes and drive over to the Rec to "work it out." Or even just around my apartment complex. I will stick to my WW and I have sworn off soft drinks. And, as much as I hate to say it, sweet tea.

This is where I need your help: BE MEAN TO ME. If you see me eat something that probably looks more than 10 points or is overall unhealthy, just say "Amy, that's going to make you FAT(TER)." Or "I thought your butt was big enough already...You don't need the help!" I won't get mad. I won't get sad. I will simply respond. "You're right! Thanks!" And I'll be on my way.

If you see a soft drink in my hand because I "had a craving," TAKE IT AWAY.

Get me a carrot cake for my birthday. Made entirely out of CARROTS. Or broccoli.
"Mmm...what a delicious carrot cake..." O_o

It may sound like I'm joking. But I'm totally not. Help me be accountable for myself. I mean, be nice about it if you want, but make sure it's affective.

Kate: No more church dinners for me. DON'T LET ME DO IT. And no more Swen. Unless you see that I can provide you with WW point proof, complete with internet sources. 

Gigi: Your cupcakes can easily be associated with Mt. Doom. Quite frankly, you don't need to put that huge glob of icing on your cupcakes. I only eat them because of the cake, anyway. Point being, the day I came with Elizabeth after lunch to try your PB cupcake was the last time. If you see this person come in your bakery, turn them AWAY.

also...


Lawson: My dear, sweet Lawson...There will be no more runs to China Garden for me. If that's even the name... But we will paint, soon! And I will bring an apple! :)

Emily: Applebee's only from now on, Em. I'm afraid if we take our little dinner/movie dates to Mexican restaurants, I'll only eat my weight in chips & salsa, and then continue with cleaning my dinner plate. Can't happen anymore. Applebee's got dat WW menu!! Oh, and I love you. I'm glad you're back in my life. :)

Help me out here, Florence...


Exodus 15:2 "The LORD is my strength and my defense; he has become my salvation. He is my God, and I will praise Him, my father's God, and I will exalt him."

No comments:

Post a Comment