Saturday, March 19, 2011

Amy/ Amwa

That's what I've been hearing all week. "AMY, do this!" "AMWA, take me to do that!!" Two nieces, one nephew, and my cousin's two daughters have been at my mom's place this week for their spring break, too. I could tell you that I was forced to babysit, unwillingly, but that would be a lie. I kind of like kids a lot, most of the time, and it makes me happy to see them happy. So, Aunt Amy has to be all cool and make the kids' day. It's what I do. It's how I roll.

By the way, you're probably wondering what the heck an Amwa is. It's some magical word that my Taylor and Carly came up with a couple of years ago. No questions were asked. It was accepted and it stuck. It's pronounced "Aim-wa." Wa as in "wand." Amwa.

These kids are freaking hilarious when they're not being completely obnoxious.

Carly likes to set up her own Massage salon, and she makes up a "menu" and everything. Prices to follow. And they're real prices. I signed up for a back massage tonight...

Me: Carly...did you just toot??

Carly: -giggles- Yes...

Me: Ew, CJ! I did not order that!!

Carly: -still giggling- I just did it again!

Me: CARLY!!

Matthew is one funny kid, too. He's ALL boy, so it's kind of alarming when he walks around in my mom's bathing suit, puts on my niece's bras and runs around the house, puts on MY deodorant...

Matthew: Hey, Aunt Amy! I put on some of your stuff!

Me: My stuff? What stuff?

Matthew: Your orange deodorant!

Me: You put on my deodorant?!?

Matthew: Yeah! I like it! It smells like fruit salad!!!

It was funny then, but not so much when he did it the next morning. I had to hide it from him because he kept putting it on. He's 9, by the way... which alarmed me even still tonight when I found that someone had been in my makeup..

Me: Okay, Taylor, Carly, Lauren, Micah!! Have you been in my makeup?!

All: No.

Me: O_o

I go to look for Matthew, and I see a little light and hear some mumbling coming from the closet. Matthew is standing in the closet with his DS, playing a game.

Me: ...Matthew... have you been playing in my makeup?

Matthew: No...-looks away-

Me: Matthew...-grabs his face- Have you been playing in my makeup? What's all over your face??

The kid is as dark as you can get, being Caucasian. I'm about as white you can get. It's not difficult at all to see the ivory foundation splotched all over his face.

Matthew: Okay, fine, I guess I shouldn't lie...

I just had to walk away, I couldn't hold in the laughter any longer. Thing is, he just doesn't think anything about it. He's as much as a boy as you can ever get. He's just goofy. But it makes for great stories.

I have some other exciting things to talk about in my next blog when I'm home and Taylor isn't bugging the heck out of me to borrow my computer and to sign her up for a blog I know she's never going to write in. She has to be just like me. I don't blame her. -hair toss-

No comments:

Post a Comment