Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Beans, Beans, They're Good For Your Heart...

It's mornings like this that show how motivated a person I am. I have an 8am Bio Lab. I'm anal about time (thanks, Bert) and like to leave the house around 7:30. That's late for me...normally I have to leave the house at least 45min before. But I'm trying to be a normal person. So much for that.

I woke up at about 7:19. Still walked out the door at around 7:33. Interestingly enough, I had had a nightmare-ish dream just before I woke up about being late for class. It also involved me using the bathroom in front of a restaurant. Like...the bathroom had no walls inside this place. It was awkward.

But when I got to Bio Lab, I found out we were going to get to play with beans. BEANS, BEANS, the special BEANS. And lentils. If you have picked them out again in two hours time, you may go to the ball with us.

It was an experiment on preditors. We had this black mat that was...what is it called...-googles floor mats- I don't know. They have all these plasticy loops instead of carpet crap. ANYWAY, we had to count out 100 red beans, 100 white beans, and 100 black beans.

I count my beans like I count my pills.

Each of us in our group had to get a fork or a knife. And we had to pick up as many beans as we could, one at a time, in 30 seconds. And, oh by the way, we were competing. Our GTA said, by all means, knock the effing beans off your group mates' utensils.

Ever seen a bean fly? Maybe.

Ever seen HUNDREDS fly at one time? Hah. I doubt it.

It was epic. And I was top preditor. I AM Lord of the Beans.



I feel like I don't want to sleep lately. I just want to stay up and...well, not sleep. I think I'm going to go to Wal-Mart after this post.

Parallel parking is hard.

I wanted to eat my feelings today, but I didn't have time. Lucky.

My nose keeps running. I hate spring. And I loathe the color yellow.

No comments:

Post a Comment