Friday, December 3, 2010

"I'm yo pushaaaaa!"

Well. It goes without saying. Why? Because it's plastered all over Facebook, Twitter, my face, and now here...

I got my tech license!!!!

I'm just a little bit excited, I guess. No more feeling useless at work, staring at people as they wait for their meds, trying to tell them with one facial expression, "Oh, I'm standing here doing nothing because I'm not a pharmacy tech yet. It's illegal for me to touch, count, enter in, and sometimes even look at the drugs. I'm sorry...? ^_^;" Yeah, it's totally not easy to say with one look. Even Pro Hough's opera workshop for two years couldn't help me with that one. But, hey! It's all good! I got it! And I really enjoyed today. Christina showed me how to label and count and put away and mark and all that good stuff. She was really great about letting me learn and helped customers at the registers while I would finish counting or whatever I was in the middle of. I think she knew I was having too much fun. She's really great. :] As are all of the girls. I think they're all excited [relieved]. Lol.

When I got home today, however, I was a little flustered. Just trying to figure things out for Christmas while I was on the phone with my mom. It get's crazy when you have such a huge extended family that you'd like to see within a few days. Anyway, I walked in from the car, didn't see anything. Got off the phone with Mom and realized I left something in my car. I was still sour about something, my mind reeling, so I wasn't "fully present [gah, I'm itching all over thinking about this story...]. When I got to the garage door to go back in, my eye caught something on the wall, almost level to the door knob. I take one fraction of a second to realize that it's a fair sized spider in ATTACK STANCE, looking at me like it's going to take a kamikaze flight to my face and eat me whole. In one swift move, and I am not joking, I karate kick the wall, smearing it's satanic, venomous guts. I walk into the house calmly, and when I closed the door, I then realized what had just happened and had an overwhelming need to cry, or hyperventilate. Also, I nearly peed myself. I had to go lie down and watch Will & Grace for a while. Terrifying. But not as bad as when Bert killed that one spider in the garage and thousands of babies spewed out. -SHUDDER-

Here's a shot of an attack position. I'd post the picture, but I'd probably end up deleting this post...


Then Grandmother came home, we had pizza, enjoyed each other's company, drank coffee and played skip-bo. I've decided this will be grandmother's weekend, aside from my meeting with my potential roommates tomorrow night. Tomorrow morning/ afternoon, I'm baking with Grandmother. Something I don't think I've really ever done. Either that, or it's been a LOOOOOOONG time. :]

The surface area of an average-sized brick is 79 cm squared.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you survived that spider! You poor thing! Boo, I'm so proud that you karate kicked the hell outta that sucker. You show that spider, and it's siblings who's boss! :)

    I am currently in ::SHUDDA:: mode from thinking about that other spider that Bert killed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, right?! I told Grandmother about it Sunday at lunch, and she was like, "Oh. So THAT'S what was on the wall!" Lol.

    ReplyDelete