Monday, December 20, 2010

I Solemnly Swear.

Nope. I'm lying. There's no possible way, Alan Mullenix, that I can go a day without posting something about pills, crazy people, or pharmacy crap. Do you realize how much I work? How crazy these people are? How many insane things happen in a week? How many STUPID people there are?

It's freaking hilarious. And I have been sent here to tell you about it.

So, yeah, first things first: my pharmacy story for the day.

"Amy!" you say, "Another one? How could there possibly be? What HAVEN'T you heard?"

Oh, my friend; you don't know the half of it.

As it is, we have a customer, an older lady, that fills her prescriptions with us. Normal, yes? I suppose. This lady is a special lady. A lady that I can't speak to without making my stomach muscles ache as I attempt to restrain myself from doubling over with laughter. The reason for this is her speaking voice. Have you ever seen Family Guy? You know, the old man? Herbert? She. Sounds. Just. Like. HIM. It's ridiculous.



Today, she comes back to the pharmacy and asks me to help her with some things that are on sale. Eye drops. Ok, well, that's in our area of "expertise," if you'd like to call it such, so I say, sure. We're dead at the moment, just a few scripts to fill and Jade and Laura were there. So she takes me to the right aisle, slowly, and I confirm the sale price. At this point, I realize who she is...I've only ever spoken to her on the phone and decided she sounded like Herbert. She asks me to then get a sale paper and read for her what CANDY is on sale. Candy. Chocolate. Whitman's, Russell Stover, Lindt, that Rocher stuff...I'm practically a professional chocolate-picker-outer. But then she finds WRAPPED ones, so we switch those out. Then she had to decide whether she wanted Nougat filled, truffles, nutty, chewy, milk chocolate, dark, crispy...I couldn't get away from her. And the more she spoke, the harder it was. THEN she asks me about lotion. Thank goodness we didn't have it. And I tried to steer her back to the Pharmacy to see if they needed help.

Man. Wow.

So yeah. I talk about Rite Aid a lot. Deal with it. I'm there 5, sometimes 6 days a week. I have no other life to talk about apparently.

I'm moving soon. Yay.

I've gone back to middle school and have a new crush. But we all know what happens with those. Not a thing. Eh. It's just as well. I don't have all that much time for a guy.

I passed my classes.

Going to Florida next week for New Years, where the only kind of kiss I'll get will be from my 17 year old cat or my nieces and nephews on the cheek. And I don't have a resolution yet. I might not have one at all. I find if I make them, I don't keep them. Haha.

Christmas is soon. I can't wait. I have no idea what I'm getting because I didn't ask for anything specific. If money, I have to get some apt stuff. I wanna camera though. D:

Hmm. I'm done.

2 comments: