Thursday, December 23, 2010

I Always Knew Kate Was My Fave :]

It is official: I have received the best gift in all of giftdom. The gift that gifts me with joy, the gift that gifts me with girly giggles every time I look at it.

What IS the amazing, most wonderful gift, you ask? Well, besides baby Jesus, the best gift of all is:

RONALD WEASLEY'S WAND!!!
"Holy crap" is the most appropriate reaction that I can give here, seeing as how children have access to my blog. Tears of joy wanted so desperately to spew from my eyes, but, hey, I didn't cry. But I DID hug KATHERINE ELIZABETH GATES a fierce hug, one that could have split her in half, I think. I mean, yeah, Christmas Eve is tomorrow, and Christmas day is yet to come, but I'm willing to bet that this will be the best gift I will get. [The best material gift]. SO AMAZING. 

P.S. On the way home from her house, I got pulled over for improper use of my seat belt [the guy was obviously bored and trying to meet his end-o-the-year quota]. The wand was sitting on my pillow in the seat next to me, like a royal scepter, really, and I found myself thinking..."What would Ron Weasley do?" My reasons for the "improper use" apparently weren't good enough, and he wrote me the dang ticket. Jerk. Face.

However, I am so looking forward to spending time with my family. Having a family divided is tough, and has always been tough since it happened. I have two different families to visit who have each combined with another, and they're all in different places at different times, and oh, by the way, you can add in my job that I have now just to complicate things. But I think I have things squared away this year so that I won't be in any hurry. Tomorrow I'm spending the day/night with my Grammy, who is the coolest of the cool, you absolutely have no idea. She's the one who got me hooked on coffee...at the age of 3. I can talk to her about anything. Absolutely anything. And she doesn't judge me an ounce. She's funny and wonderful and vibrant and still so young at heart. I love her so much. :] Plus, I get to share her with the best cousin ever, Megan. We're pretty much twins, just a year and a bit apart. It's odd how similar we look. I hate that I don't see her often. But I'm pretty excited to be spending some time with her. The next morning, Christmas, we'll have Christmas breakfast at Grammy's with the whole family. Then off to Dad's for their Christmas.

Then it's back to Tuscaloosa to see my Granny, Bert's mom, to see her for a bit before I go home and pack SOME MORE. Sunday morning, I load two precious little brats by the name of Carly and Taylor into the blue, now clean, 'stang, and head off towards Destin, Florida to see my MOM! :D Yay! And have my Christmas with her at the beach. And I'll also spend New Years there. 

I hoping it will be the best New Years I'll have ever had. Though...I'll probably be sketched out on and forgotten. If you knew the circumstances, it wouldn't be surprising. 

I hope you're confused. 'Cause I sure am...

THEN -deep breath- I MOVE OUT! So, needless to say, more packing. And unpacking. And crap. Before school starts. With work in between. 

I'm tired just thinking about this. 

AND scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment